Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bad News

The main contributing factor to pit bull misconceptions is definitely the media. I saw this story on the news last night and was devastated to hear Animal Control's advice that the woman carry a shovel or a 2 x 4 for protection. All the pit bull did was bark when he saw her (and if he's anything like Bruce, his tail may very well have been wagging the whole time!). No growling, no bites, no aggressive behavior. I wonder what Animal Control would have advised if a black lab barked at her?

Oh wait, she wouldn't have called...

1 comment:

  1. That story is ridiculous. I also have a Pittie and he barks at EVERYTHING. Oh my goodness, that story makes me sad. She's scared to live in Lehigh? C'mon?! .. shame on Fox4 for even making this a story. This isn't a story. Dogs bark. It's what they do.

    ReplyDelete