Friday, July 9, 2010

Hi, I'm Bruce, and I'm a pit bull




One question - how can you look at this face and think pit bulls are evil monsters? Though I do often refer to Bruce as "my little monster," it's more of a Lady GaGa reference than a comment on his personality.


If I'm being honest, up until about two months ago I was part of the "Pit Bulls are dangerous" club. (Shame on me, right?) And then....Bruce happened.


I'll save the story of how Bruce came into our lives for later, but suffice it to say that we (my husband and I) fell in love with him before we knew his breed. And I'll admit, there was that "Ohcrapwhathavewedone" moment when we found out. But, one book, two websites, and an open mind was all it took for me to realize how horribly misunderstood pit bulls are.


So, that's why I'm here. To share with you, through Bruce, my transformation from fearful to #1 pit bull fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment