Monday, July 19, 2010

Myth-Busting Monday!

As the main goal of this lil' blog o' mine is to debunk some of the mean myths about pit bulls, I've decided to dedicated Mondays to Myth-Busting.


MYTH: Pit bulls will eat your babies

TRUTH: Every piece of valuable, researched literature (meaning things other than reports based on "somebody told me" rather than actual facts, and random comments on message boards) that I can find starts with the same basic premise: American Pit Bull Terriers are some of the nicest, smartest dogs who love people and are good with children. Only when raised by unfit owners do pit bulls show aggression to humans.


Bruce has never met any babies, but he does play very nicely with a 7 year old and a 2 year old in our neighborhood. And if this picture is worth anything, I call this myth officially busted:

I don't know where this picture came from but would love to give credit - if it's yours, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment